Classroom Teacher - Allentown School District
|Job Title:||Middle School Mathematics Teacher|
|Job Location:||Allentown School District|
|Beginning:||Jan 02, 2019|
|Deadline:||Feb 03, 2019**|
|Certificate:||Middle School Mathematics 7-9|
|Certificate:||English as a Second Language Program Specialist|
|District:||Allentown School District|
|Allentown, PA 18105|
- A Bachelors degree.
- Hold a valid and active Pennsylvania Instructional Certificate in specified curriculum.
- Criminal history and child abuse clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Such additional or alternatives to the above qualifications as the board or superintendents may determine appropriate and acceptable.
- Collaborates with other staff members in the education process and assists with the smooth operation of the building.
- Displays an interest in and participates in the total school program.
- Exhibits dependability and punctuality in assigned duties, attendance at meetings and in the use and care of equipment and facilities.
- Displays positive personal traits, such as neatness, integrity, character, good citizenship, respect for others, honesty and responsibility as an appropriate model for students.
- Abides by the Pennsylvania School Code and the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Maintains open lines of communication with administrators, parents, students, staff members and the general public.
- Participates in curriculum review and redesign as required by department, subject area or grade level.
- Maintains an ongoing program to enhance professional competence for the attainment of a job goal.
- Incorporates the philosophy, objectives and expectations of the Teacher Expectations, Evaluation and Development plan in the attainment of professional goals.
- Recognizes the basic structural framework for the development of instructional programs and works toward the achievement of the objectives.
- Develops, maintains and completes all required written records and reports within established timelines.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to attain lesson objectives and provides students opportunities which extend beyond the classroom.
- Diagnoses and evaluates student abilities and progress to develop effective instructional strategies to help students meet instructional objectives and provides timely feedback to student concerning their progress.
- Recognizes and uses appropriate technological enhancements relevant to the curriculum taught.
- Demonstrates understanding and concern for each student in meeting his or her educational needs.
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.
**** REAP Applicants: If you want to notify the school district of your interest in this job, click here.