Safety / Security Position - Easton Arts Academy Elementary Charter School
|Position:||Safety / Security Position|
|Job Title:||School Resources Officer|
|Job Location:||Easton Arts Academy|
|Deadline:||Open until filled **|
|District:||Easton Arts Academy Elementary Charter School|
|Easton, PA 18042|
- Prepare security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
- Train organization members in security rules and safety procedures.
- Coordinate security operations or activities with public law enforcement, fire, and other agencies.
- Attend meetings and professional development training to keep abreast of new technologies impacting security operations.
- Respond to medical emergencies, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures.
- Prepare reports on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor security policies, programs, or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Conduct physical examinations of property to ensure compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Monitor security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, students, families, or others on company property.
- Manage integrated security controls to ensure confidentiality, accountability, recoverability, or audit ability of sensitive information, proprietary information, or information technology resources.
- Submit requests to purchase security-related supplies, equipment, or technology to the School Business Manager.
- Support efforts to reduce illegal activities in the workplace.
- Consistently displays professionalism and is collaborative with all staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of operation of a two-way radio system and radio communication procedures.
- Ability to stay calm and react appropriately in unusual or emergency situations.
- Ability to diffuse situations calmly and with authority.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality of student issues.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with students and general public.
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, the general public, district personnel and law enforcement agencies with poise and consistency.
- Ability to acquire and maintain related certifications.
- Associate degree (or equivalent college coursework) with an emphasis in Criminal Justice or
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a security officer, school security officer, campus supervisor or law enforcement officer.
- Must be certified under Act 235 of 1974, known as the Lethal Weapons Training Act.
- Must have successfully completed the Basic School Resource Officer Course of Instruction offered by NASRO or an equivalent course of instruction approved by PCCD.
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.